View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 06:30 PM   #263
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Under the auspices of The Barrow-Wight…

The two remaining villagers lept up, seized, and bound this latter-day Cassandra. They were not particularly gentle because they were certain they now had found their werewolf; the one who had caused them so much trouble and cost them so many friends.

Feanor remained aloof and endured the rather ill-meaning knocking about she took as they hoisted her up the steps. The burlap sack went over the head, the noose went around the neck, and Kuruharan pulled the lever.

Alas, they were not skilled hangmen and poor Feanor gagged rather loudly and flailed about like a landed fish for some moments until she finally choked to death.

Oddly enough, she never showed signs of being a werewolf.

A deep silence ensued.

"Sooo..." said Oddwen, "she wasn't the werewolf?"

"Apparently not," replied Kuruharan.

"Sooo..." said Oddwen. "Even though she behaved in a completely irrational and unbelievable manner from the very beginning, she was in fact as pure and innocent as the wind-driven snow?"

"Weeell," replied Kuruharan, "at least of being the last werewolf. Who knows about anything else? Had I been in your place I'd have voted against her too."

"And I'm not the werewolf," said Oddwen.

"No, I don't think so," said Kuruharan.

"So in the end she was right about you?" asked Oddwen.

"It does appear that way," said Kuruharan.

"Hmmm..." said Oddwen. "This is not exactly how I'd expected the last frightful devouring to go. I'd expected something a lot more violent and a lot less verbose."

"Consider it stress relief after the truly wretched start I had," replied Kuruharan. "As the Wight can tell you, I seriously doubted from the beginning that I'd make it very far, much less win, especially after the others bought it."

"Oh..." said Oddwen.

Another pause.

"Before you eat me there is something I'd like to know," said Oddwen.

"Oh ye who has but a moment to live, what do you want of me?" asked Kuruharan. "The villain answering the final question of the hero is customary after all."

"I'd never heard of a dwarf werewolf before," said Oddwen. "How'd it happen?'

"I have no idea," replied Kuruharan. "It just sort of dropped on me one day..."

There was furious roar and a rush of gray fur...

THE END

WEREWOLVES VICTORIOUS!!

Last edited by Kuruharan; 05-19-2005 at 06:50 PM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote