View Single Post
Old 04-11-2002, 06:13 PM   #13
Ibun_Clawarrow
Pile O'Bones

Ibun_Clawarrow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It seems to me that in ME that have "magical technology." In the Silmarillion, it mentions that a lot of skillful things were made by the Noldor in Valinor, but were subsequently lost. Personally, I think that it would be pretty cool to have something like a Silmaril. So perhaps many advances were made, but were lost. Or the elves made scientifc progress but hid them from the other races, like in imperial China. It's an interesting question.
Isil was first wrought and made ready, and first rose into the realms of the stars, and was the elder of the new lights, as was Telperion of the Trees. Then for a while the world had moonlight, and many things stirred and woke that had waited long in the sleep of Yavanna. The servants of Morgoth were filled with amazement, but the Elves of the Outer Lands looked up in delight; and even as the Moon rose above the darkness in the West, Fingolfin let blow his silver trumpets and began his march into Middle Earth, and the shadows of his host went long and black before them.
Ibun_Clawarrow is offline   Reply With Quote