View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 02:41 AM   #141
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Rowan looked about hastily, craning her neck to see if that Jack person were anywhere about. When she assured herself that he was no place where he could see her and Meliot, she took her friend by the arm and hurried her to an empty table.

'I can't get away just now,' she whispered. 'Much as I'd like to! Prim's gone off and broken her leg and Will fell off the stable somehow and broke a finger and sprained his wrist.' She grinned and raised her eyebrows at Meliot. 'Hmmm...and come to think of it, they both ended up on the ground quite nearby each other. Or so I've been told. I'm thinking there might just have been a little hanky-panky going on, as my Gran would say!'

She looked about to see where Master Boffin was. 'Here, help me get these last tables cleared and wiped, will you? I'll get that lot over there who just came in some bread and cheese and ale. I think then I can slip away until it's time for the supper crowd.'

Rowan handed Meliot a rag and a tray for gathering up the dirty dishes. But before they parted to get the tasks done, Rowan drew up near to her friend and spoke low. 'Thorns and thistles! Just tell me quick what you found, won't you? I'm dying of curiosity already. You can show me whatever it is when we're done here.' She peeked about quickly to see if anyone were watching them.