Thread: Your lotr dream
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 07:00 PM   #211
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Linnahiril Tinnufinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've had two LOTR's dreams:

In the first one, I was Eowyn fighting along side an army of Gondorian Men. Our enemy was none other than the Rohirrim! Very strange, but often times dreams don't make any sense. Anyway, we were way outnumbered, so we ended up barricading ourselves in an abandoned farm house. We thought we had lost them (we were hiding) but when we looked out the windows, we saw the Rohirrim coming towards us. We decided to make a desperate attempt to evade them. We got back on our horses and "rode through them." In other words, the Rohirrim were extremely unorganized and had big gaps in between their different little companies, so my fellow soldiers and I rode our horses through the gaps (much like Eowyn did with the elephant's legs in ROTK). We made it to yet another building that we could barricade ourselves in. But the Rohirrim surrounded the building, and we had no choice but to negotiate with them. As Eowyn and a kinswoman to the enemy, I was made to do this. Then the dream took a strange turn - as it turned out, I was not Eowyn, but rather Galadriel disguised as her, and when I went out to greet the Rohirrim, they were "dazzled" by the light of my presence. Some of them bowed to me, while others just stood and stared. Only Theoden, mounted on his horse, held himself up as my equal quietly refused any "groveling". I eventually was able to create peace between the Rohirrim and Gondorians.

My second dream was a lot less lenghty, and much simpler. I must have been some kind of Hobbit, maybe Pippen, and I was traveling alone with Legolas. Everything was fine, until we got attacked by this big huge monster. Quickly, Legolas took my hand and ran with me. But he was so fast that I could hardly keep up, and my hand began to grow numb from his constant pulling and tight grip. He eventually picked me up and put me on his back (remember, I was a Hobbit) and began to run even faster while I just held on for dear life. After a few more minutes of running across planes and finding no cover, we came to a small rock formation, and it had a little cave (though it was so small that it was more like a niche) at the bottom of it. Legolas stopped running, took me off his back, and shoved me rather forcefully into the little cave, then turned around to face the monster. I came then to a rather humiliating realization: the Elf had not been running from the monster because he couldn't fight it, but because he had wanted to get me out of danger before he attempted to do so. Needless to say, I felt pretty useless at that moment. I watched the battle ,spralled out flat on my stomach, from the tiny whole that was the mouth of the cave. Legolas killed the monster, and that's all I can remember.

If you just got through all of that, I congratulate you!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:02 PM February 02, 2004: Message edited by: Linnahiril Tinnufinwen ]