View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 07:58 AM   #40
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Thumbs up

Why thank you very much Pengoloð, for this nice summary. I believe that there are some changes that need general revision as well as what do we finally agree regarding the Gil-Galad situation, the movement of the parragraphs from the Quenta Silmarillion like CT did in the Published Silmarillion. I think that it was first proposed by Petty Dwarf, for myself after thinking about it, I have to agree with him, it does seems way better, but I wonder if moving them would contradict our principles.

The Oarni/Earni inclusion:
Seeing as we are using the later Ainulindalë and Valaquenta that does not mention them, and the reasons that Findegil gave for not introducing them from the Lost Tales material, makes me think that we should drop them entirely. If I'm not mistaken, then they would only appear in the Chapter of Eärendil.

Welcome to the project Pengoloð, your summary reminds me of those that Antoine made. I think that it is just what the Eärendil discussion needed to get it going again. I think that we are close to finishing it.
If only we could finish the Ainulindalë discussion though.