Thread: Smials
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I belong to the Hannohirrim, the German Tolkien Society smial in Hannover. We meet once a month; though distance prevents me from attending regularly, I enjoy going. Currently we're reading the Hobbit together as well as discussing various things (mostly) Tolkien-related.

We also meet at the beginning of January every year to toast the Professor on his birthday, and every couple of years we hold a "Tolkien day" to which the general public is invited.

Those who can read German are welcome to check out the group's homepage - there are also photos of various activities.

There are, of course, numerous other smials in other areas of Germany, so anyone interested can read the "Deutsche Tolkien Gesellschaft"'s page for more information. The smials are called "Stammtische" in German.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote