View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 10:48 AM   #131
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

There is no real precedent or rule for this.

Cami and I pulled a storyline of our own from the Inn (happening timewise consecutively with the Inn's period) and created an RPG from it, but we still continued to post in the Green Dragon Inn. I did not see the storyline of the Inn as interfering with the storyline of the Game - they were two different entities, with no hopes of meshing, other than the fact that my character remained true to the way I had developed her.

The Inn, as it stands now, is a sort of anomaly. It would not exist in an actual Tolkien work in this form. And that is why you had to move the location of your action for your actual Game.

The Shire, in Tolkien's view of the 4th Age, was closed, and there would have been no parade of characters from Wargs and balrogs to High Elves and all sorts of Big Folk traipsing through it. The Inn is desgned primarily for people to practice being in character and learning to interact and play off one another.

There have been other players from Shire Games who have come in character from their games and interacted in the Inn. Again, they keep true to their character, but other than that there is no corespondence to events in the Inn with those of their game.

With this in mind - your characters are not banned from posting in the Inn if you as the writers of them wish to do so.

Please do continue to discuss this issue between yourselves. I think it is a point of some contention, and should be resolved to the satisfaction of all the players.

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]