View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #312
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Fastarr invites you all to a sauna-experience!

I made it a sweatlodge in the tradition of early Finns and native North American plains indians. I thought that could fit the culture here nicely. Feel free to disagree and we can see if something can be done to it.

I have myself indeed bathed in that kind of thing and I can assure you it's great. My sister's husband is a smith/carpenter who's got an interest in the old cultures and we built one of these sweatlodges to our summer-cottage a few years ago. Fun. The washing tent surely is a add-on as at least in Finland one would just jump to the lake or river nearby to wash oneself, but then I thought that this was in the middle of the village and thence there wouldn't be a lake nicely by...

And sorry Child & other Borrim! I thought of making a post where Fastarr gets ready, meets a few ruffians to dirty his nice clothes and then arrive at the feast, but as this sweatlodge-episode turned this long I decided to rethink the things once more.

I'll be writing Fastarr into Khandr's place - with or without any further adventures - in a day or two.