View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #324
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The basic rule concerning any argument whatsoever: ask the critical questions and do not bog yourself down trying to explain anything.

It's easy to ask the other "why?" or "on what grounds?", but it's much harder to affirm a case or a thought as the critical inquirer can always repeat those questions whatever it is the other says.

ToDay I have no time for it but maybe toMorrow. I should - someone should - look back at the posting and see who are mainly looking good because they appear critical and thence good in that illusory-way smartly pointing at the fouls of others while reserving their own judgement or any positive cases. *This is not directed at you Aganzir, mind you *

Someone - I guess it was Agan - asked why I decided to mention Dury's ranger impersonation -thing on Day1, and as it looks like everyone has forgotten about it or thinks we should not say anything about it, I'll call that issue back as well as I'm having bad gut feelings about Dury.

Yes, I wrestled with myself a bit before making a call for it. But what I ended up with was that:
1) no-one could have not seen it so it was common knowledge that she had done so (just think of my surprise when someone complained s/he didn't understand what was it people were talking about!).
2) looking at the roster in this game it would be quite impossible there were no smart wolves around able to see the poor bluff made by an innocent trying to lure the wolves into attacking her and thence trying to save the real ranger.
3) that given she could be Frodo: a Frodo who would wish to turn into the dark side and thence our enemy...
4) she is not a gifted anyway as that would have been calling the wraiths on her.
5) so is she a wraith trying to lure us into thinking that she's a brave ordo trying to mislead the wraiths? Somehow that explanation seems to be the most believable to me...

Dury is experienced enough not to make the mistake of trying that kind of thing were she a gifted. But also she is experienced enough not to try that as an ordo as that is a no-win scheme (the wolves didn't kill her last Night anyway).

So the best explanation to her behaviour is that she's a wraith...

*Needs to think this again*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote