View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 01:16 PM   #144
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Boots The Suspicion...

Pelin

Outisde, it was a terrible day; it was almost depressing. The sky was covered with thick dark clouds, and even the most ignorant person would be able to guess that rain was coming. Looking out of the window, he watched the Priest turn to the left, following the narrow street which eventually would lead to the newly built apartments, which were closely situated by the Temple that was being built.

Had Pelin known that it would end up like this, that he was to carry Tarkan’s things, all of them, he would never have joined Tarkan when he had called just half an hour earlier. Yet, he didn’t give this too much thought. What lingered in his mind was the book he had found. He had never seen this book or the letter which had lain within before, even though he had searched through the priest’s bookshelf numerous of times looking for religious literature, which could be helpful when doing his religious studies. He frowned in annoyance. In appearance, the old piece of parchment had reminded him an awful lot of a will. The contents could of course be somewhat like a will, but what did this have to do with Tarkan? Who left their will in a book named ‘Kings of our Time’ which claimed to possess secrets about the Royal Bloodline none knew of. The thing that bothered him the most was the feeling of secrecy. Surly, the priest hadn’t gone all of a sudden angry for nothing. It meant something; both the letter and the book were probably significant in their meaning. Rising an eyebrow, being surprised by how many conclusions and ideas that were taking form inside of his head, he grew almost wild thinking of how he would be torn by his curiosity of not being able to find out exactly what all of this was about. Did Tarkan really hide something? If so, what was it?

He was caught off guard by a strange shadow that rose in front of him, silently moving along the floor. He turned around quickly, his body shaking. He didn’t know why this had come over him, but the sensation of being witness to something, something that could be dangerous, made him almost shaking uncontrollably; he was relieved to see one of the King’s well known servants.

“Have I come in an inappropriate time?” the servant asked politely, giving Pelin a faint smile.

Pelin shook his head quickly, swallowing. “I was just packing the last of the Priest’s things. He.. I mean both of us, are going to move into the new apartments which follows with the new Temple.

“I see,” the servant replied silently. “So, the Priest is gone?”

“He is indeed. I am just about to pack up things here and meet him in his new apartments. Is there anything I can do for you?” Pelin said as calmly as he could manage. With this visitor’s arrival, Pelin’s theories were confirmed. It must have something to do with the King, he thought to himself. It made sense in an odd sort of way. Tarkan and the King were half-brothers, but he could not understand how the roll of parchment, the book, Tarkan and the King could be connected and therefore he couldn’t let go of the feeling that he was only being paranoid. Was he just looking for trouble, imagining things? Surely, for what he knew, the book had always been in Tarkan’s bookshelf, he’d just been a fool to miss it.

“Will you inform the Priest that the King wishes to see him.” Pelin nodded as the servant continued, giving a few instructions before he hurriedly took his leave.

Shortly after, Pelin himself took his leave. In a miraculously short time he managed all the priest’s belongings into something which could remind of a wheelbarrow and trotted off.

Last edited by Novnarwen; 01-19-2005 at 08:13 AM.