View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 08:40 PM   #56
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Silmaril

Kalimac, being a phenomenon is no cause for offense! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And thank you for pointing out that except for Hawaii, Texas is the only state to have ever been a nation. And they had to fight a war to make it so. Incidentally, I am a direct descendant of Samuel A. Maverick, who signed the Texas Declaration of Independence. Thus my roots go deep - at least some branches (Hurrah for mixed metaphors!) I believe Texans have a reputation for what I shall euphemistically term "pride" in their state. Thus I apologize for any contention my previous post may have aroused, hoping my ancestry and life-long residency excuse me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Various responses on this thread and on others have lead me to believe that there are more Texans on the Downs than I first thought. Should I open a Texas or South Central thread? Please post a reply or PM me if your interested. Starting a forum and having no responses is like giving a party and having no one come - I'm not anxious for that to happen. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Nuranar ]