View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 01:48 PM   #361
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mithadan's post

Mithadan, Bird and Rose turned to the north and left the Stock Road, making their way towards the Bridge of Stonebows. They separated before turning onto the Great East Road, with Rose following well behind the other two. After crossing the bridge, they reunited and left the road again to camp.

Another day's journeying found them just north of the Barrow-Downs as evening fell. They camped to the north of the road at Bird's insistance, keeping far away from the ancient tombs. Nonetheless it was an uneasy night and Mithadan found it hard to sleep.

They resumed their trek towards Bree the next morning, again moving through the countryside rather than using the road. But not long after they began their hike, Mithadan stopped with an odd look on his face. He grimaced and moved a hand to his stomach.

"Are you all right?" asked Bird.

He did not answer immediately, then his face cleared. "I felt odd for a moment, but it has passed," he answered.

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Mithadan ]

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]