View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 11:05 PM   #46
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
This is the first time in this soundtrack that this theme is heard. I lIke it how it has this flowing feel to it.
First the theme is alien to you but then you hear the Hobbit theme and it puts you at ease. There are no longer any threatening ringwraiths to be heard.
This song also begins to set the tone for the second half of the CD I think. Since we now depart from the ringwraith theme we get to know a whole bunch of new themes. In fact we don't hear the ringwraith theme untill ROTK.

Since we left the last track with Frodo being sick and a quiet, sad ending it is nice to here the beginning of this one. It is completely different and the music tells me that things are going well, and that we no longer have to fear for Frodo. This track along with the council of Elrond is really a short relief (As in the book) from evil. So not only the characters recover but the listener (reader) as well.

What I also like about this song is the title cause its taken straight from the book.In fact I like that about many of the titles on these soundtracks. Over 50% are of the names are titles from chapters.

I didn't know they sang Elbereth Gilthoniel. Thanks for telling me that Encaitare

This spiece of music also goes very well with the movie. It adds a feel of magic to the scene. It is really one of the last parts that is truly bright in this movie. After Rivendell evrything gets darker which you can clearly hear in the music.