View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #18
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't know that I will but it as it is my least favourite story of all (I really love Finrod and he gets dedded for THEM grrr) and I have all of HoME etc -also my special edition CoH has barely left its slipcase lest I spoil its beauty by reading it -but I think there is a place for this sort of thing for those who would be daunted by HoME or just want everything on a favourite story in one place.. now if it were the fall of Gondolin...

For me, the best part of it is actually that Christopher is clearly still going on pretty well and I salute him for putting what time he has left into this kind of thing when he could have signed a few licensing agreements and spent the past 45 years basking in the sun and drinking wine...

I do think his diligence as an editor may have spoilt me for other authors... while most of my Tolkien is in store I have been reading other things including rereading other beloved books of my childhood and realise that such consistency is far from universal.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote