View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #258
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Elfthain is up for more interaction. At the moment he is probably a bit unsure if he should go with Javan to eat or if that should be for the hungry Scarburgian's only or go and clean his tack and stow his gear somewhere. He can hardly skulk in his room since I assume he will be sleeping anywhere he can find space for his bedroll. So ..
Yep... in regards to that, I think he would most likely be welcome to some room that used to belong to one of those who died during the winter. There were also the barracks, which must be horribly underpopulated nowadays. They had been rebuilt, renovated, expanded, then vacated already by large after all Athanar's soldiers had left, and thus probably again lot of the rebuilt and renovated stuff was torn down during the winter for fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
If we're going to continue on to dinner... is there anyone who might be prompted to tell Scyld the tale of the Easterlings?
I assume that would be any of the "old" Scarburgians - Thornden, Javan, Modtryth, Stigend, even Cnebba (the first first-hand witness!) or also Ledwyn. Athanar's folk were fighting in the East when the Easterlings appeared around Scarburg (so none of my characters qualify, unless I wanted Stefnu to give an off-hand report which is not related to Scarburg itself, since she wasn't yet present).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories