View Single Post
Old 06-02-2003, 10:05 AM   #162
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Gondor!, Tareth thought in excitement, We are in Gondor! He couldn't help but grin as he surveyed the land. Would they be able to see the White Tower soon? Well, they would see it eventually, and suppisively the inside of it! They were going to Minas Tirith, the White City, fairest city of the golden dawn! Tareth like extravagant names like that, it always made things seem all the better. But, as he glanced at his companions, he lost his smile. There was something he needed to do, and he didn't like it one bit. He had to talk to Bregand. That one look had haunted him all the time, that look he received from Bregand. He had been talking to Carmalita, and he had smiled at her. Simply smiled at her, because he was enjoying the conversation. He had been at a lack for conversation becaue of his shyness, and Carmalita had made it melt away. She was a friendly person, one everyone likes. And Bregand loved her. It was obvious.

That look had been the smuggest he had ever seen Bregand. It had not been directed at Tareth, exactly, but it had been for him. It had been so full of jealousy, and that wasn't like Bregand. Tareth hadn't known the man all that long, but he knew that much. Bregand could be as kind as Carmalita. Tareth had to straighten this out, immediately. Bregand was riding alone, for once, and he wouldn't be for long. With a sigh, Tareth nudged his horse and trotted up beside Bregand. Tareth was always at the back. Tareth turned to Bregand and looked at him for a moment before speaking. Bregand didn't look up at all. "Can I talk to you, Bregand?" Tareth asked, a bit cautiously.

"Of course you may, Tareth." There was no hiding the sourness in his voice, though Bregand looked sorry that he had spoken that way. He didn't apoligize, though.

Might as well get right to the point... "Bregand," he began quietly, "You love Carmalita." He said it so plainly, and Bregand looked up at him in alarm. His mouth worked, but no cound came out. Tareth continued before he could speak. "I know that, and I hope Carmalita does...and...and...I do not have that kind of feeling for her. I hope you know that." He couldn't keep the scorn out of his voice as he continued again, "You bloody well should know it, Bregand! I rarely talk to the woman! I rarely talk to anyone!" Tareth grimaced. He had gone quite far enough. "Sorry," he mumbled, "But..." Tareth sighed, when he was broken off by a shout from Wren. "The White Tower! You can see it now!" Tareth couldn't help but gasp as he looked up at the tall spire. You could only see the very top, the rest was hidden by the small rise of the hill they were climbing. "It's...beautiful," was all he could say. He hoped the conversation, as one-sided as it was, was forgotten. But, he had the feeling he would hear about it, and grimaced.