View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:08 PM   #9
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
I like this whole sequence and I don't have any major problems. I also really like the Boromir and Frodo scene on Caradhras. The camera angles are awesome and I like Boromir's quote when he picks up the ring,he says "It is a strange thing that we should suffer so much...for such a small thing,such a little thing." Of course it shows that Boromir is already getting caught by the ring.But I think there is another reason why the scene was put in because the quote voices the question some audience members may have. I know so many people who don't see the evil of the ring because they see the ring only as a an object, not as a thing that has a will and contains power.
Indeed the apple thing with Merry and Pippin is contagious. It follows them all the way to TTT.
I love all the landscape shots because it gives the feel that ME is very big and therefore very real. There are some fantasy worlds that are much smaller and thus they get a more fairy-tale like feeling. However. the scale of ME adds to the historical feel that I find in the books and in the movie too.