View Single Post
Old 04-23-2003, 06:58 PM   #95
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Peony held on as Elen’s horse sidestepped the rockslide, keeping her eyes shut and hoping that it would end at any second. Finally the rubble subsided and the dust cleared. Anunderial’s voice called out from the front asking if anyone was injured. No one answered back right away, but Marsilion confessed of having a bit of a wound on his shoulder. Peony signed and loosened her grip, brushing a strand of hair from her face. Honestly, like we don’t have enough to worry about, Eru had to send a damned rockslide!

“All right here.” She leaned forward, “Elen, are you hurt?”

“What makes you think that?” Elen winced as she moved her arm. Peony rolled her eyes and pointed to where her elbow was.

“That!”

“Yes well…”

“You should tell Andunériel, otherwise she will get cross.” Peony said, adjusting her dress and scooting back a bit on the horse.

“I know but I will tell her when we make camp, I don’t want to be trouble.” Peony raised her eyebrows and looked at Elen through narrowed eyes.

“You know there is no point being stubborn or trying to be a hero! That’s the trouble with the bigger races—”

“I know, I know…” said Elen, cutting off Peony. If they would only stop for a second and look upon their situations realistically then there wouldn’t be so many problems. They’re always so bloody noble and brave. Peony sighed and waited patiently while Elen dismounted. Peony swung her leg around and jumped before Elen could protest. She hit the ground with a nice thump, and landed on her bottom. The hobbit looked up at the woman and gave a big smile.

“Ouch?” Elen laughed and went to see Andunériel about her arm. Peony stood and brushed off her skirt. Then she looked back up to where her bag still hung from the horse’s saddle. “Oh foo.” Sighing, she stuffed her hands in her pockets and went to be of some use.