View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 06:41 PM   #108
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynė

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Marsilion stumbled back at the sight of the ent. These things were rumors in his mother's bedtime stories, not things living men met in real forests. His sword, which he'd been holding loose in the scabbard slid back into the sheath as Marsilion let go of it slowly.

The creature stared at the hobbits from large deep eyes. " Not children! Hoo, such a thing is not a good idea, and seems rather hasty! But, you are not children of Men, not with ears as pointy as those, and not of Elves, feet such as these would not suite the firstborn. Hoom, such beings I do not know!" it said, as though none of them were there.

Marsilion glanced at Anduneriel, who looked as baffled as he felt. Silence began to resettle in the forest around them, like a heavy blanket. Marsilion, not wanting to remain in silence, was relieved when Anduneriel called out to it in elvish. He mimicked her gesture and waited. Is it friend or foe? he wondered, futilely, for if it was foe they were outmatched to begin with.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!