Thread: Katrina
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 01:20 AM   #28
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuranar
Just add Austin to that statement and you've nailed it.
Now how can you go about saying that? UT-Austin offers Tolkien Linguistics as a foreign language credit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuranar
Valesse, Child, and all others on the coat, please take reasonable care of yourselves. Don't do anything too stupid...
I'll try not to. Its kind of hard, anyway, with the roads filled to capacity. I just hope Perky got out before the highways got too bad... And from what I've seen of her Child -can't- do anything stupid.

To lighten the situation Houstonians are passing emailing this fake evacuation notice around..thought it might give a giggle to a few of y'all in a time like this. (Now there are ethnic referances, but they don't mean a thing.)....and most of y'all won't understand the road directions... But for those who do..! : \

(I'm just trying to be sweet )

Today, City officials just announced the Houston Hurricane Evacuation Plan as follows:
Hispanics use I-10 West to San Antonio
Cajuns use I-10 East to Lafayette
Rednecks use 59 North to East Texas
Republicans fly Continental to Washington DC
Yankees and Democrats use 45 South to Galveston
Longhorns use 290 West to Austin
Aggies use 610 Loop....either direction
(They left off I-45 to Dallas for one simple reason..Being in a Hurricane is preferable to going to Dallas)