View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #58
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Kuric sat calmly listening to the various stories about Jak and Owyn, realizing that more than likely they are the scary stories that are typical in small communities where 'strange' folk aren't trusted. "Why" he thought, "I've been that stranger more than once and I've been accused of more than I've ever done."

Kuric readily dismissed the stories with an exasperated sigh and sunk back into his chair with a great deal of agitation. As it seemed that these so called defenders were only capable of defending their chair from somebody else taking it, Kuric began to question the reason why he joined this motley band in the first place.

While in the midst of his own thoughts he sat up with a jolt at hearing a voice from below chant:

""Hey ho, in moonlight they were seen, both Old Jak and the Nightowl Owyn, dancing around a ritual stone, blood in their hands and evil to the bone."

All too quickly it was revealed to be the younger sibling of on the other defenders. Kuric openly chuckled at this occurrence and sympathized with the lad.

"Aye" Kuric said speaking to himself, "a little more action and less talkin would be good lad." Kuric was glad for the distraction but then it seemed the endless debate would continue until Parkun stated that it might be best to get moving.

Kuric, seeing a window of opportunity, gave the suggestion, "Perhaps we would be best off splittin inta groups and speakin to those and looking around town a bit, it would be helpful to get into the wild too. I think 2 or 3 groups might be enough fer our needs"