View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #517
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay...I posted too late. Gwath, could you put this post at the end of your post #170?

Anyone who knows Garstan's character better, tell me if I overdid him and what he said.

-- Foley

Folwren's Post

Garstan fixed his attention on the boys once Crabbanan had excused himself and backed out of the issue. While Crabannan worked behind them, going hard at it with hammer and stake, Garstan demanded an explanation.

“What happened here?” he asked.

“Well, he said-” both Javan and Cnebba started at once with raised voices, but a single, stern glance from Garstan shut them both up. There was a short silence as the two boys looked at each other, both suddenly unwilling to begin. Garmund finally did.

“Javan wanted to put up the canvas even after you had told us not to until you got back.”

“I wasn’t intending to disobey, though,” Javan interjected. “They’re lying if they say that. I just wanted to get the canvas ready to put up.”

“Then why was it almost coming to blows again?”

He called me a baby,” Cnebba accused, pointing his finger.

You were being rude and a baby,” Javan replied, slapping Cnebba’s hand away.

“That’s enough,” Garstan said. Once more his voice had enough warning to it that all three of the boys were still and silent. “I am going to discuss this with your brother, Javan. And you two,” he said, looking at Cnebba and Garmund. He read more in their looks than just innocent victims of Javan’s words. “Your behavior today towards Javan has been poor as well. This isn’t the end of it. But we have work to do. We’ve hardly gotten anything done here, although we’ve been here all morning. If you three don’t start putting an effort into getting these tents up, I’m going to take discipline into my own hands. Now get to it. You can have some water, first.”

Javan looked down and moved forward towards the buckets of water. Garmund and Cnebba went, too, and Javan stopped to allow them to go first – hardly out of a wish to be gentlemanly. When they had all gotten a drink, they turned back again and received orders on what to do next.