Thread: The Veil Lifted
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 10:47 AM   #70
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Me, king of Gondor?" Sid grinned. Becca was beyond nice. "Well maybe tonight." He took a bite of the cupcake. It was good. He looked at where he had bitten. It was glittery on the inside too. Sid wondered how she did that. He put the rest of it in his mouth. There was a tingle on his tongue this time along with the sweetness. He swallowed, and it went down smoothly; but it also seemed to go up into his head. Was this what strong drink was like?

He looked at Becca. Suddenly he knew that she was not the Faery Queen, but that she had been to Faery for real. He could see it in her eyes, in her smile, in her hair, like a glow that came off her skin.

"You've really been there, haven't you?"

Sid said it with a sense of awe. Then he felt a little tickle on his forehead. He put his hand up to itch it, but the urge stopped the moment he touched his skin; he could feel something different there, somehow, but not in a way that he could normally feel.

"What just happened, Becca?"

Her smile was softer now. "You have been given the Star of of the King of Faery. You can pass its borders now."

Sid's jaw dropped. He knew it was true. Becca had been there, but now she could no longer go there. Tears came to his eyes and his throat clenched.

"You can't go anymore. You're not old yet, why did you give it to me?" I would have liked to go there with you!