View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 03:56 AM   #9
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
More info on the hunter role

I always wondered why this role is called the hunter. I mean, he doesn't hunt anything, does he? It's really just a villager who knows how to defend himself.

Anyway.

The common hunter chooses one villager each day and night, and if the hunter is killed or lynched, he takes this person with him, be the one guilty or not. On days, this is not a problem, as even the ones who didn't vote him still stand nearby when he goes down, so the hunter can throw his poisoned javelin at a villager of his choice. At night it gets weird: The hunter is surprised in his bed by the wolves, then maybe runs away to kill another innocent in their bed, and then returns to be killed. This makes little sense. Therefore the logical hunter was invented, who, if the person of his choice is not a wolf, gets killed without a kill of his own.

In the last game Nogrod strengthened the role of the hunter and gave him a list of his worst three suspects. I liked this a lot, but I think it makes the hunter almost unkillable for the wolves late in the game, when the hunter can note down almost the whole village.

Here's what I thought of now:

A) At day, the hunter gives me an ordered list of differing size. If the hunter gets killed I check whether there is a werewolf on the list, and the one who is highest on the list gets killed. If there is no werewolf, the innocent at the top of the list is killed.

B) At night, it's the same, only that if there is no werewolf suspected by the hunter, nobody gets hurt (except the hunter himself, of course).

C) The size of the list is at most three, but also at most the size of one third of the village (rounded down). This means, when there are 9 or more villagers, the hunter may note three of them, when there are 8 to 6, it's two, when there are only 5 or less left, it's only one.

I hope I explained it in a way that is comprehensible.

Your thoughts? Makes sense or doesn't? Too strong or too weak?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote