View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 05:55 PM   #40
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Oin and Finky's Mishap

Oin thought that the woman they had seen earlier in the Inn would do nothing but give them trouble with the way Finky (and maybe himself) had acted about her.

"Here, lets help her with that cart," said Finky, his companion

"Why?" Oin replied

"Why not?" Finky said, seemingly thoughtless to all else but to help the old peddler woman and her cart.

"We'd be butting in, and we'd best be on our way," said Oin, trying to give his voice an edge that Finky could not say no to.

"I'm not butting in," replied Finky haughtily, "Here, let me get that handle," proving Oin's voice tone wrong and making the peddler Ruthven uneasy in the same gesture.

"You'll help me with this cart?" The lady Ruthven asked, raising an aged eyebrow at the strange pair.

"I will at least, but my friend Oin is not a kind one, I'm sorry to say," answered Finky.

"Finky, we really need to go now," said Oin, grabbing Finky's belt to try and shift him.

But Finky just grabbed the cart handle harder. "No Oin, we should help Ruthven to get to wherever she's going,"

As Oin pulled harder, Finky's grasp slightly loosened, and then...

*Splash*

Finky's poor grip had given in, and sent Oin and Finky into the mud.

"Now look what you did, Finky! I just got these clothes cleaned here in town and you go getting them muddy. I could just squeeze your ears off!" Oin said, being very hast and angry.

"Now that we're muddy, we could help Miz. Ruthven with her cart," replied Finky, hoping that Oin would agree. Oin always would give in eventually.

And that continued the drama...

Last edited by bilbo_baggins; 03-29-2004 at 10:27 AM.