View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 12:28 AM   #55
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

And you have my credit card!....oops, I don't have one, so...umm..you have my rake! If that does any good at all....hmmm, I could janitor the neighbors lawns and yards and send the money here....what am I talking about? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

But seriously, I have no money or a job. The only money I get I spend on beverage brewed since anchient times made from hops and grains (and extra malty barley), which sometimes results in late night posts that don't make much sense (but are actually quite hilarious) and which I have to delete. I'm thinking about getting a job real soon, so I can't help out right away. Just out of curiosity, how much is the monthly cost?

Oh yeah, and if everyone pays a little it can add up to a lot, really.
Quote:
(average 25,000 visitors a day
If everyone of those people put in just a dollar (using paypal, and excluding any currency conversion fees), that would add up to $16,750!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] It would be a shame to not have this site around, I do not know what I'd do. I do not want to pressure anyone into sending in money, but really any little bit will help, I'm sure.
Quote:
unless it's five dollars
Of course it will help kittiewhirl1677. Anything will help, anything. Even if it was $.25 it would help. I would hate to have member refrain from helping because they think that their donation won't be enough. If all those members added their money together it would add up to a lot.

And this is a great reminder to anyone who has ever posted a thread that got closed (because there were other threads or it was a newbie hello thread) and didn't understand and/or got angry at the fact it was closed. The reason being, it takes up space and space costs money.

And we all know that money doesn't grow on trees, but it can grow like trees. The Barrow-Wight, have you ever thought of taking some of the donation money and putting it in some kind of savings account. If the donations are enough to cover the costs, and you have leftover money, you could put the rest in a savings account and leave it there until you need it again. Hopefully it you won't need it for awhile, so it can increase, and hopefully, it's enough to grow big. I think that you should map a plan for the costs of this site. That way you can figure out much you should put in the account, and how much you need to keep out so you can pay the monthly fee.

And to anyone who isn't living on their own and doesn't have credit cars to use or money to spend here's some suggestions. Yto gain money, you could offer to do some chores for your parents in exchange for cash, or ask neighbors, or any other ways. Once you have the money, you can ask your parents to use their credit card and you just pay them however much they paid. And I'm sure it would help if you explained the cause. And remember, anything will help.

And if you really need the money and donations are just not enough, can you the site get sponsors for a month through pop up ads and cookies?

And just out of curiosity, how much money does it cost a month, or how much money does it cost to expand disk space and whatever? Can you give me some figures?

I'll help anyway I can.

Respectfully yours,

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote