View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #343
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
To my best, I'll try to be objective and not to let the fact that I suspect Macalaure interfere. The cost of this is that - I predict - you have to bear with my flip-floppiness.

Now, let's begin

Day1

#14 The odd comment: "Sadly, this means that the innocent side, having me on their team, is severely handicapped." I still think there's something wrong with it. Casts suspicion on Nogrod, banters with Gwath. Nothing sinister in there, I think. You have to start suspicions early in order to get the game rolling.

#24 Replies to Lommy: answers her questions and returns her suspicions. Says she's too quick to accuse. Now this is rather weird. He's perfectly alright with throwing half-hearted Day1-suspicions at Nogrod, but when someone throws them at him, he says the person is too quick to accuse. Quite fishy, unless his accusation of Nogrod was really serious. Which would be quite fishy too, based on just one post.

#63 The infamous over-reacting statement: "A couple of hours into the game, and already everybody is talking about me..." Replies to Menel and says he mentioned Nogrod's suspicious behaviour because it was the only suspicious thing he could see at that point. Emphasises he didn't make a big deal out of it. Corrects Ka's quote. Agrees with Nerwen about THE Ka posting a lot with little substance. Banters with Rikae, says Nerwen strikes him as innocentish. Nothing wrong here in this post, except the beginning that - I think - has been discussed enough.

#92 Just says he's there and off to reread and nothing caught his eye this far.

#104 Says Boro seems innocent except he's a tad too authoritative and corrects him on the issue of Greenie's gender. Doesn't like Gwath's vote and thinks Boro has a point against him. "I used to agree with Boro on Menel - until I saw his vote. It looks to much like "let's start a bandwaggon against a widely suspected villager". But I guess I'm still overestimating the amount of attention given to me." Can't get a read on Sally, Volo and THE Ka. Has unspecific bad feelings about Lommy and Nogrod. On Nogrod: "I don't understand why I'm so suspicious to him, but I find the eagerness with which he pursues this suspicion worrisome." Flip-flops on Nerwen. Finds Rikae, Greenie and Dury innocentish, calls Mith and McCaber enigmas. Nothing actually wrong in here. But there's an eerie defensive feel in this post that I can't explain. Granted, an innocent might be a bit defensive when faced with the amount of suspicion there was against Mac at this point but a) there was not that much suspicion and b) Mac seems to try to hide his nervousness/defensiveness, which looks quite wolves. Now you may think I'm grasping at straws here or making mountains out of molehills but that's just the feeling I get.

#118 Answers Nogrod's accuations of him and suspects him in return. Now, I don't think retaliatory suspicion like this is necessary wolvish, on the contrary. Also, some of his posts are quite good. But why to post this 10 minutes before the deadline and start with "I don't expect he's going to be lynched today, but here's a bit about Nogrod", when it obviously was more about him himself?

#129 Posts a vote tally. Would like to give Gwath another Day but would not like to see Boro go either and says he has no idea for a last-minute counter-wagon. (Situation was Gwath 4, Boro 2, Mac 1.) Doesn't like the Day's voting. Nothing wrong in here, I think, except possibly the fact that he had suspected Gwath earlier. But I actually acted the same way towards McCaber the next Day, so it is not necessarily sinister.

#140 Votes Gwath, although he'd prefer voting Lommy. Since Gwath was to die anyway, why not to vote me and make an actual statement of it?

#142 "Where did the Caber-waggon come from?" An interesting question.

Day2

#152 Is surprised of sally's death. Summarises what sally did on day1. Also summarises other people's stances towards her. Says sally's death was probably in order not to leave tracks and it points towards careful wolves. Aks if the wolves are careful because they ahve been under a lot of pressure or because they are cold-blooded. Now this looks quite innocent, given that Mac himself was under pressure the Day before. "What I don't understand is: Why pick a no-trailer who causes confusion when other, less confusing, no-trailers are there to choose from. Maybe they thought her death would cause sufficient confusion, more than anybody else's death." "Both Boro voters are dead now. Does this point towards him being a wolf? I don’t think so." Is not sure of what to make of Boro's certainity about sally's innocence. "I feel good / a little better about the people who have suspected Sally yesterDay (Nogrod, Durelin, Rikae), because to them she could have served as a future lynch candidate. I also think better of THE Ka, because she said she enjoyed Sally's posts and it would be cold-blooded indeed to kill her after that." Ok, the first point is valid while the second is not, like I already said earlier. If Mac's a wolf, I'd consider looking at Dury, Noggie and Rikae, that would be a convenient way for a fellow wolf to make them look better without being easily tracked.

#155 Jokes to Mith. I'd actually like to think him innocent simply because I laughed so much at this post.

#165 Analyses votes: mildly defends Rikae's vote, says Menel's and McCaber's are suspicious, Boro's and Greenie's neutral, Volo's confused, Dury's and Nog's innocent, Mith's would be bad if Boro was a wolf and Lommy's a "risky vote for a wolf if the Caberwaggon would have succeeded. A smart vote for a wolf in case she reckoned that it wouldn't." Nothing odd here, I guess, except the last phrase spotted by Greenie. Like I and Rikae have said, it indeed could be that he knew that McC was innocent and slipped here. I'm not too sure anyway...

#169 Speculates about Mith's relation to Boro. Concludes "There's the possibility that you're evil and trying to get the trust of Bordomir, but I think there are better leads to follow at the moment." I see nothing bad here, but neither it is particularily innocentish.

#183 Summarises his feelings about people, says he's quite confused. Innocentish: Rikae, Nerwen, THE Ka, Little Green, puzzled/no idea: Durelin, Mith, Volo, Lommy, vague bad feelings: Nog, Boro, Menel is his would-be-main-suspect " but there's something telling me I'm getting something wrong there." His indecidedness in this post was the main reason of me thinking him innocent at one phase. Clearly a wolf would make up some suspicions as people who don't say anything on anybody are often accused of wolfishness. But I wouldn't put it past Mac that he was double-bluffing... "Maybe it's because we don't have a seer that nobody is acting really nervous. Maybe the benefit of the seer is not only in his actual dreams, but also in the pressure he puts on the wolves indirectly." Good observation.

#209 Explains his words about my vote for McCab. In my opinion, he does it convincingly, just like I predicted he would. Also explains why he did not vote me although he'd have preferred that. Nothing bad in here.

#220 Talks about people, ends up stating almost everybody looks more or less innocent except Boro, Lommy and Menel. Now this I find quite wolvish... How can he feel so good about everybody?

#234 "What I don't like about voting Boro, is his edginess. The Borowolves I remember all "looked fairer". His actions today look quite bad, but I feel like buying his frustration. I actually happen to share it." Actually, looks quite innocent.

#238 Posts a vote tally, does not like the way it's going (Mac 2, Volo 2, Caber 1, Boro 1, Rikae 1). Of course he doesn't because he's in danger of getting lynched...

#242 "*takes A Little Green off his list of innocents*" Yes, her vote was A Little Fishy.

#246 "What really makes me feel bad about those who are voting me, is that not one of them has a good reason behind it." If we can take Rikae's word of it (which I'm inclined to do because it fits my picture of how Mac is), this looks quite wolvish. Whatever the case, it doesn't look particularily innocentish anyway.

#250 "I feel better about McCaber than I feel about Boro, but an innocent Boro would be a graver loss than an innocent McCaber (no offense )." Now, making way for the caberwagon... I don't like this...

#252 (In response to Rikae calling his statement in #246 wolvish) "How so? I just want to make sure that those who voted me get their share of attention toMorrow, in case I die." I'd like to call that wolvish but maybe I can't jump on everything he says just because I suspect him...

#256 "I could vote for Menel, too, if sufficient support is given. I think I'll hesitate voting McCaber since I just realised it was Menel who gave him his one vote. Boro? Menel? Or maybe McCaber? I don't want to have to vote Volo to have a chance to save myself." Didn't he just say he would not like to vote Boro?

#261 A vote tally. Calls Lommy's vote suspicious. Not much to comment.

#267 "I'd clearly prefer voting McCaber over voting Volo."

#269 Votes McCaber.

I don't have time to analyse his actions toDay and I think I remember them well enough: they are very wolvish. I will hang around here 'til deadline, but I might as well vote now and have it done so we three here on the same computer won't fight for the keyboard in the late minutes. I don't know how much I even can post from now on since I've posted the most of the three of us toDay...

++Macalaure

edit: xed with everybody who posted after my last post... I almost regret voting Mac simply because he started being so nice...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-01-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote