View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 07:47 AM   #87
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Jorje Tirril

Onepaw! Jorje let out an Arooo and ran up the slope, his tongue tasting the late day breeze.

Onepaw settled on his haunches as Jorje came up and lofted himself into Onepaw's forelegs. Onepaw laughed. "Jorje!" he cried. "What are you doing way up here?"

Jorje licked happily at Onepaw's face. "The riverwoman sent me to find you and warn you of eeerm!" But where was Redman?

"What's the matter, boy?" Onepaw asked, having heard the whine in Jorje's voice.

"I thought I sensed something out there," Tracker said. "It must have been Jorje. Good dog!"

"To the mancave!" Jorje called.

"What do you think he's barking about?" asked Bellwoman.

Sometimes these humans could be so short in the nose! Jorje trotted off to the mancave, got up on his hind legs, and scratched at the door. Onepaw was the first to come and see him that way.

"Is someone inside?"

Jorje went down on all fours and lapped the air, looking up at Onepaw, saying yes! with every inch of his body.

"Ravion! Liornung!" Onepaw called (such hard bends to their mouths these humans barked), "There's someone in here!"

The others came out of the foliage. "There's a horse running loose," Tracker commented. "There are hoofprints all over the place."

"Who do you think it might be?" OneEar asked, looking at the door.

"It's Manwoman! Manwoman! Manwoman!" Jorje said.

"Jorje sure is excited," Liornung said. "Maybe it's someone he knows. Do you suppose it might be Mellonin?"

"Yes! Yes! Manwoman! Manwoman!" Jorje insisted.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 08-25-2007 at 07:52 AM.