View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #18
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
According to the rules, the innocents can win just by surviving (as Sally now specified, five Days), providing there are more of them than Wolves and they have at least one of the Gifted still alive. Five Days, that's five Wolf-kills. If they don't kill the Gifteds (or at most one), and of course if nobody gets modfired (which could be the biggest concern), that leaves five people alive, out of which only two are Wolves. It is close, of course (and I guess that was the point so that the game remais balanced - btw good job, Sally, in any case), but given that we also have effectively two "Rangers", there is quite some chance that it might work out.
Hm. And those hit by the baddies' whisperings don't expire automatically, do they?

Quote:
Basically what I am offering for discussion is: is it more dangerous for us to start lynching people (given that in this game, we do not have the traditional voting pattern to rely on and on top of everything, we do not know what was the dead person's role!!) and therefore the win-condition for us practically would become that we have to bag a Wolf (or preferrably both) to win; or, to not lynch people on our own and just let the WWs do the process of thinning the numbers of villagers; but if they don't manage to kill both Gifteds, they are guaranteed to lose.
Well, in an ordinary situation my feeling is that not voting/not lynching anyone plays into the hands of the wolves. But in this case, with a definite time period to shoot for that will ensure our survival, maybe not reporting anyone to the guards makes sense. At least for toDay I think I'd support that.

Quote:
Otherwise: I suggest we really do cast votes for the person we want as Representative as well as some "unofficial" votes (for example just boldened) for who we would like to see lynched (and we can do it even if we later decide not to lynch anyone in the end. It will lose the point of course, but better to have it than not to have it, anyway. It is still something that tells something about people's thinking, even if they were lying).
Knowing who people thought should be reported though won't be as helpful, since we can't know the roles of the removed.

Last edited by Inziladun; 10-27-2016 at 07:32 AM. Reason: x/d with Kuru
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote