View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 11:12 AM   #20
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morm
LMP my greatest complaint about your plan is it completely destroys the possibility of bagging a wolf tonight. I know all about the odds and we have a chance of killing our seer and ranger, however with such a small village we have a 25% chance of killing a wolf. Now I know that a bum might not understand this but I think there is more to meets the eye under those tattered garments of yours. Take that how you will.
False. Theoretically, if we picked somebody at random, we would have a 25% chance of killing a wolf. With lycanthropic influence factored in, the chance is realistically much lower. In any case, we have a Seer, a Ranger, a Hunter and two Shirriffs, all of whom are important to the village. That gives us a (theoretical, if done at random) 42% chance of killing a Gifted villager. With wolvish influence factored in, this is again higher.

On the other hand, we cannot gauge reaction and votes. I shall have to think about the plan.

I too think there is more to LMP than meets the eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mer
I know two innocents. I'll share more information once I'm finished tuning my lute.
Pray do share, though I presume one is yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morm
Although I would like some explaining from you TGWBS. It's about a sinister possibility regarding your plan. I would have thought you could see the one major hold up in your plan better than anybody. That is of course the Ranger's inability to protect somebody consecutively. It seems to me the perfect ploy to have the seer identify themselves to the wolves and die on the second night thus minimizing the damage the seer can inflict to the wolves. Your main hope was that nobody remembered that and because it wasn't expressly spelled out you thought you could convince us otherwise.
1) It was a genuine mistake. I didn't notice.
2) If I was a wolf, and I knew that, the proposal would be suicide. I'm not that stupid.

I hope you are adequately answered.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote