View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 01:55 PM   #368
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril Goats, ferries and...tweed.

*shrugs* Half of Boston is made up of the Irish who emigrated in the early 20th century. It seems like a somehow glorified nationality - it draws people. Various people in my school claim to be Irish and it's like "yes, because your great grandmother once took the ferry over from Stranraer to Belfast, that obviously makes you Irish..." (Stranraer being a very strange little village on the Scottish coast that always seems dead and has a whiff of goats and the sort of relationships found in Jacobean tragedies).

Psh, the English newspapers are just ruffled because the Germans get up at four in the morning to steal the sunbeds *STEREOTYPE ALERT* Lol, there are plenty about us though, I'm sure - the English seem to come across as complete prudes who are interested only in cricket and the weather; a nation that wears a disturbing and suspicious propensity (is that even the right word?) of tweed...

Quote:
My disappearance? I guess that profiting from logistical problems to cut down the time I spend on line is not coming a moment too soon if missing the occasional day counts as disappearance....
Hush I name-grabbed - you should feel priveleged that you were the first name to come to mind.