View Single Post
Old 07-30-2002, 09:33 AM   #15
Feanaro
Haunting Spirit

Feanaro has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Feanaro
Silmaril

O'Boile you seem to be blind to the facts you yourself are stating. Yes, Fingolfin did fight against Morgoth, and yes he did lose. As you yourself stated, Fingolfin was an elf, who dealt a greivous wound to a higher being--an Ainur. This wound was more hurtful to Morgoth's pride than his body.
Quote:
"The Orcs made no boast of that duel at the gate; niether do the Elves sing of it, for their sorrow is too deep."
For an elf to wound an Ainur, I would consider that being to be not very physically strong. The whole point of my previous post, O'Boile, was to show that Morgoth was not the type to fight one on one--and niether was Sauron.

If you want more proof of this, I've provided a link to another topic. I shall scour the ancient depths of the board for another, longer, more specific topic even now. Here.

I found another link to a previous discussion of this topic where several good points were made:
Gandalf vs. Sauron

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: Feanaro ]
'See half-brother! This is sharper than thy tongue. Try but once more to usurp my place and the love of my father, and maybe it will rid the Noldor of one who seeks to be the master of thralls.' -Feanor, threatening Fingolfin with his sword. ~Moderator of the Mordor RPG.~
Feanaro is offline   Reply With Quote