View Single Post
Old 12-01-2001, 05:47 PM   #5
Durin's Bane
Pile O'Bones

Durin's Bane has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I for one gotta say that in my opinion the ROTK is better than the Bakshi's LOTR, and that not because I like it all that much, it's just that Bakshi's was SO TERRIBLE. I don't know what they were thinking when they mixed the live action with animation it looks just horrible. And then you may not have noticed but they changed Saruman's name to Arauman so the audience wouldn't get him confused with Sauron, but the actors keep on switching between the correct way and adapted way. All the character have pounds and pounds of hair and make huge motions with their hands and body every time they say a line. And dare I mention the balrog? That man dressed up in a lion suit wearing bedroom slippers! And the reason the movie is incomplete is because Bakshi ran out of money and lost his funding, but they released it anyway! The ROTK has alot of problems too exspecially the music, witchking, and funky ring scenes, but at least it's complete, and has an AWESOME Sam. I cringe every time I see Bakshi's cowardly wimpering fat ugly dolt who's supposed be Samwise Gamgee.
Durin's Bane is offline   Reply With Quote