View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 09:26 AM   #279
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Don't take it too hard, Eorl. There's probably a way to do this. I'm a bit too technical, though, maybe. You can work around the problems I put out there, I'm sure.

I mean, take the idea that Ferethor leaps in without Rakin noticing, perhaps. . .and then Chaka decides that he wants to save him (and this rests with Fordim), so he jumps in, too. Rakin, oblivious of Ferethor's break, wonders why on earth Chaka just jumped over board, unless, of course, he intends to free himself. In which case, he'll want to haul Chaka back up into the ship, so he turn about, or send a boat out, and in the process of capturing Chaka again, will also bring Ferethor back to the ship.

However. . .Rakin may not be too kindly disposed towards Ferethor, but that is up to Aman.

There are actually a few ways to make your idea workable. Perhaps not altogether realistic, but maybe believable (there's a great difference in the two, you know). Just think about it, and maybe if Fordim and Aman are enthusiastic about it, you all can figure it out.

-- Folwren

By the by, you don't always make mistakes.

Ah, and another P.S. - I've been wondering ever since I got onto the BD's when someone would call me Fol.