View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeStormblood View Post
Ahh I see thank you. Well maybe not true westron, I'm aiming for these modern names to, I guess be de-modernized. Basically I seek for the names to hold the same meanings (i.e Paige I believe means assistant) but are translated as a name that would fit better in the setting of middle earth. I.e I can't see Jake's, Joel's, Kylies etc as fitting names in middle-earth.
You really need to consider where each character is meant to hail from. Though many of the names in "Lord of the Rings" are supposed to be translations or substitutions, they follow definite patterns, e.g. dwarves use Old Norse names, Rohirrim Old English, etc. I think you might find it easier to start afresh with names chosen on that basis, as the ones you've got are peculiarly hard to do anything with. (I tried.)

Anyway, you may find this site helpful.