View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
What_about_Bilbo?
Pile O'Bones

What_about_Bilbo? has just left Hobbiton.
Eh...I realize that scene is supposed to take place in the middle of a conversation but it feels kind of awkward (strange pauses and a lot of glancing around). It's too bad because it could have been a really heart-felt character moment. Maybe in context it is?

Looking at the details for the extended edition: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11784

One thing really stands out to me as blatantly missing (in terms of the special features) besides only including ONE (1) commentary. There is no "From Book to Script" feature. I think each LOTR EE release had a good 20 min(?) or so dedicated to detailing their choices in adaptation. Maybe this is included in "The Journey Back to Middle-Earth", as that's a pretty vague title and could detail just about anything. Or maybe they don't even want to talk about adapting it? Perhaps it's talked about in their commentary? But I don't think I could sit through three hours of Jackson and Boyens rambling back and forth.

Looking at the rest of the special features I can kind of see each in my mind's eye. Oh and look, Azog get's his own little featurette, how quaint.

Overall personal verdict: Skip. I guess I could give them points for not adding too much additional footage as one of the main complaints about the film was its bloated length.

Oh, and that cover art. *vomits*
What_about_Bilbo? is offline   Reply With Quote