View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #15
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar-Jęx View Post
Ok, so while we can't agree on whether the ring tempted the Balrog, which I don't think it did, I am fairly sure it knew of its existence and was less of 'drawn to it', but more of 'aware of it and trying to take it to its master'.
There is no indication anywhere that the balrog knew anything about the ring, was aware of its making or that Sauron was its owner. The balrog had been hiding in Moria for ages, and, at least technically speaking, Morgoth was the balrog's master, not Sauron.

I doubt the balrog would return the Ring to Sauron if he got hold of it. Why should he? Balrogs were not pawns like the Nazgul, they were Maiar.