View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #438
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. here it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Rules
After there are TWO residents of the Dead Thread, every DAY the dead get to vote on giving one of the living an extra vote. The dead are subject to the same deadline as the living. The living will not know who among them will get an extra vote until it is revealed in the closing narration of the DAY.
So, if there are two Dead on D2, they are allowed to give an empowerment to someone's vote in the Living Thread. With a no lynch on D1 there wasn't two but only one. Correct?

Then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh Rulez
Since in the anteroom of the afterlife it is hard to hide one’s true nature from one’s fellow residents, every NIGHT after there are TWO residents the dead get to vote for one among themselves to determine their true nature. The voted player will be described as either PREDATOR or PREY.
Now how to read this?

If there would have been someone lynched on D1 and someone killed on N2 could they have voted on N2? Well, probably not as it could be the Night-killed only learned about her/his destiny just a few moments before the Night ended / the next Day started?

So I stand corrected.

But I also realise what made me think it otherwise - and it is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze rulls
Please Note: The threshold for the Dead Thread voting has been reduced to two since the Dead Thread will (presumably) not be filling up super-fast like the last Dead Thread game and I wanted to give the dead something to do sooner in the game. Yes, the first two residents of the Dead Thread will probably reflexively vote for each other for the role reveal…but then again, maybe they won’t.
Now in a normal situation there would have been one dead by lynch and one by baddies - follows a Day in which there is no voting among the Dead about their identities - so comes Night and they can finally vote to see who they are - but they seem to be like two Days behind because they have to vote just between the two of them - and not include the one who enters that Night, if I read the rules correctly now.

Which is insane and totally making the Dead Thread crippled and null and void. It looks like I didn't read this closely enough. But being two days behind it's just more or less same if we didn't have the Dead thread at all (well, maybe somewhere very late in the game - if there was a late game in the first place).

Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote