View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 07:41 AM   #327
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Nerindel's Post - Dúlrain

Benia’s gentle words awakened the truth that lay buried beneath the jaded cloud of hatred and vengeance which seethingly encroached Dúlrain’s heart and mind, darkening the depths and reasoning of his brother sacrifice. Not only had Kaldir given himself to save Benia he had succeeded in defying the elf witch her hold in the end. Dulrain’s eyes closed as he remembered the hesitation of his brother, the hesitation that had allowed Kaldir to die a free man. Never could his brother have lived with the guilt of Rauthain’s blood on his hands so he had chosen death, freely and willingly accepting that only in death would he truly be free. The sudden reality and clarity of his brother’s choice hit him instantly dissipating the dark cloud that threatened to bury him.

“I shall honour and protect all that you held dear in this life.” his own words came back to him then. Looking upon the face of the gentle woman before him, he dropped to one knee and gently caressed her delicate cheek with his hand, she looked up her eyes glistened like crystals, gently he wiped away an escaping tear.

“You are right; I do Kaldir no honour in pursuing this tormentor of souls, but know this Benia he died finally free of her grasp. In this knowledge I can now honour him, up holding the values we once held dear and promising to live my life in honour of his sacrifice.” he smiled reassuringly and Benia fell into his arms. “You do not know how glad it makes my heart to hear you say those words.” She whispered through gladdened tears.

Pulling her back slightly Dúlrain looked deep into her amber eyes if he was to fore fill this promise there was one thing he first must do he must tell this angel this vision sent from Eru how he really felt about her!

“Before your beauty words fail me, my breath grows short and my heart feels weak, but I would live to follow and protect you, if this honour you permit me! You are the light in my darkest night and my shade from the brightest day, though you must think me crazy do not dismiss me, for to me you are my one and only. You fill my life completely and finally we can be together! I can be for you all that you want or need as I always should have and always will be… I love you Benia Nightshade, I always have.” And with that he kissed her deeply and held her in his loving embrace.

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-11-2005 at 10:36 AM.