View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 02:39 PM   #96
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Quote:
Originally posted by Aiwendil
It looks to me like the only thing left not completely resolved is VE-08. I've gone back and forth on whether the Lost Tales fragments work here. In the end, though, I think it would be safer not to. So I guess I vote against them.
In post #77 it is stated by Findegil:

Quote:
Not what I whish for, but if that is what you both think must be done I am okay with it. Thus we get this:
Quote:
VE-08<*PoME After apprenticeship to Círdan, and ever with his advice and help, Eärendil built> Vingilot'{ he built}, fairest of the ships of song, the Foamflower; white were its timbers as the argent moon, golden were its oars, silver were its shrouds, its masts were crowned with jewels like stars. In the Lay of Eärendil is many a thing sung of his adventures in the deep and in lands untrodden, and in many seas and many isles. {Ungoliant in the South he slew, and her darkness was destroyed, and light came to many regions which had yet long been hid.} But Ewing sat sorrowing at home.
The VE-08 do not have the Lost Tales fragments in there.