View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #202
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here I go, defending Mac again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Argh. Now I really am confused.

Originally Posted by Mac
"Lommy gives the third vote for McCaber. A risky vote for a wolf if the Caberwaggon would have succeeded. A smart vote for a wolf in case she reckoned that it wouldn't."

I wonder why has no one paid any heed to this little quote? That sounds like he knows Cabbie is a wolf. I mean, WHAT?
It doesn't look like that at all! I don't know how you could see it that way -- it seems quite clear to me that Mac is referring to the (well known) fact that wolves would prefer, in general, not to draw attention to themselves by casting the deciding vote. Regardless of the role of the person lynched -- if McCaber and Lommy were wolves together, she wouldn't actually want him lynched on day one, but going after him might make her look better if he's lynched later on -- if he's innocent and she's a wolf, she wouldn't want to be responsible for lynching an ordo and come under scrutiny -- and thus, would probably prefer to vote for Cab but see Gwath lynched.

Makes perfect sense to me -- now, what do I make of Greenie's theory? It's either an honest misunderstanding or a wolfish attempt to get the suspicion moving in a direction more agreeable to her (which probably means, if Greenie's a wolf, at least one other wolf is attracting suspicion toDay.)
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote