View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #730
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar View Post
We were preparing a disaster recovery plan for the office, and so decided to do some research on zombies (it's an odd place to work). A coworker pointed me to the works of Max Brooks (son of Mel Brooks), who wrote the 'Zombie Survival Guide' and 'World War Z.' The former is a tongue-in-cheek guide that helps you prepare for various zombie outbreaks, from a few here and there to a full-blown end-of-the-world pandemic. I found it helpful, though WWZ was more entertaining. It's written ten years *after* zombies take over the world, where the author of the book interviews various people around the world in order to describe the war against the zombies. Some parts are great; others get a little silly - then again, it's about zombies.

I found both to be entertaining and worth the read. Plus, practically, should zombies attack the office, I have an escape plan at the ready (hint: identify slower coworkers who can be used to *distract* the zombies long enough for you to get away ).
Gives a whole new meaning to those words Joan Baez sang:

Quote:
Says Joe "What they can never kill
went on to organize,

But I had the darndest time trying to figure out if it was allegory or applicability. I guess your bosses decided clearly which one for you.