View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 02:12 PM   #471
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Don't forget that Thoronwë's not alone. I can get very creative about ways having a small visionary child around could affect things.
Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen
I had always pictured her living (still) in the paths of the dead, so much further west, and south of Rohan not GOndor. But-- okay. I can go with this too. I think. If her mind is closed, it doesn't matter where she is geographically. SHe's still unfindable. Right?

I had always pictured this winding up at Edhellond, or nearby, or at least on the ocean. Is that too far? I need seaside, I think. A dead, empty havens, with no elves and no boats. Is that possible on our current map, sitting on Mindolluin? If not-- brain scramble. HOw to get to the ocean? Aragorn did it in three days... right??? Gah.
Oh dear. This is probably my fault. I seem to recall Celuien talking about Saeryn living near the Paths of the Dead, but I failed to take that into account. Do we need to correct what I've been thinking? Has it gotten hard-wired into too many posts? I'm afraid it might be, because Rûgh has to be near the Druadan forest, and then we have people running into Saeryn, a mere day's journey west, which simply wouldn't work. So we'd have to create a reason for Rûgh to even come with the party, and to travel clear over to the Paths of the Dead. Arg. I'm not sure what to do.

Um, pray tell where's Edhellond?

Hmm... I see how this probably happened. When I imagined Imrazor and Mithrellas, I took a look at a map and saw Dol Amroth, and followed the River Gilrain straight into the White Mountains. So in my imagination Mithrellas with Imrazor was nowhere near the Paths of the Dead. So I always pictured Nimrodel as being somewhere due north of Lebennin. Then enter Rûgh as a new character, and things just sort of shifted even farther east in my imagination.

What do you want to do, Helen?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 09-16-2007 at 02:20 PM.