Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 12:27 AM   #2826
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hamfast: Slain warrior-guard gains note before meeting sanctified one. Now see him, clearly.
O: He’s a great laugh, however confused.
Bilbo: Being melodic, lazy spider starts bidding, starts spinning, then reveals his killer!
B: Desert old measure in confusion for a feisty girl.
I: Gloin, initially, but joins first person and others of his profession to mingle for one highborn.
T: Plosive divides utensil; dental plosive completes him.
Saradoc: Claudio and Hero’s trouble - though not much – still acquires the legacy of a wound. All are shaken before he is revealed.

Not Olo (is there an Olo?), but the right method and thinking. It's 'a great laugh' in a slightly different sense.

'Gone without direction.' Took 'E' (east) from 'gone' to get 'nog,' because eggs are used to make the sweet drink 'eggnog' (I don't remember ent-draught being sweet, but maybe it does say so, or sweet here means good to drink?) The answers all seemed to be edible, and you had implied all 3 of my answers were close, so I thought it must be eggs, which are eaten in Middle-earth (Bilbo dreams of bacon and eggs). Not as significant in the stories as rabbits, apples or taters, but I thought maybe it was just hard to find a comestible starting with E. (I guess kingsfoil might be drunk as an 'infusion for headaches,' but I thought the afflicted person probably bathed the affected part of the head with it).

P.S. Have copied Morsul's way of bolding whole answer, because it looks good.

P.P.S. Well done both!

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 06-29-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote