View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 11:17 PM   #36
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what are your opinions on AU fiction?
It varies from fic to fic. I have nothing outright *against* it, per se. Occasionally I find an author's AU to be slightly disturbing, and so I discontinue reading. Sometimes the story is put together with few-to-no plot holes and decent coherency, and a minimum of modern-day ethics. These, I applaud, and usually end up on my favourites list.

I can see where you're going with this, by the way. I know that slash is usually presented as AU. Huzzah. Just because I'll read and enjoy some AU doesn't mean I read all of it.

To appease the liberal masses, I will admit I have read some slash. A couple were quite well written, and I respect that. The ones that are more emotionally based rather than erotically based are a bit better, in my opinion. But that's only my opinion. You all have yours' on the matter as well.

And just so everyone will stop being so PMSy at me, I will APOLOGIZE if I happened to offend anyone with my previous post. I was rather...blunt, and I'm sorry that my opinion was taken the wrong way.

Everyone is entitled to write what they want. And everyone is entitled to read what they want. We do not have to force our opinions on others. I don't particularly enjoy slash. Some of you do. So we just have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
These "review" posts become tiresome and long.
So don't post them. Simply tell me to go back and read it myself.

Abedithon le,

~ Saphy ~