View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 02:40 PM   #9
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
I read something on an Orlando Bloom website which was a diary of practically everyone who has a main part in tLotR.
Ah, yes, the Very Secret Diaries. Some people love them. I don't. Plain and simple: they're horrible. And the really sad thing is that they could be so good. The idea of creating a diary of one or all of the characters would enable people to further explore the minds of the charaacters, to try to grasp or create some of their likes and dislikes, their subtle character traits, and their wonderings. I think the idea could be done very well by the right person, but these are twisted and gross.

That's the really bad thing about most LOTR parodies. There are some really good ones (usually the ones which are directed more towards specialized audiences, like the Lord of the Floppies here on the BDs), but those are the ones which remain true to the essence of the characters. The bad ones, usually slash (which I detest), distort everything, especially the characters themselves. I don't mind parodies and stories in which the characters joke around, annoy each other,or do things they never actually did in LOTR or even could do (like disco [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ), but I do mind when things get butchered, which unfortunately is what usually happens these days. I agree with you about friendship, Samwise, but people just don't seem to see that anymore.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote