View Single Post
Old 04-27-2003, 02:30 PM   #43
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"And still the Elves never seem to tire. They excel at both night and day riding," Arthain called over to the squires as he urged his horse to pick up the pace.

"That's good for the Elves, they can keep their unhindered excellence. I prefer my sleep," Dorlas answered, and stifled a yawn. Dorlas didn't mind going to Imladris before the rest of the company, but riding at night still hadn't caught on well with the boy. Besides, riding to Imladris now only meant more waiting later. The up side to this midnight ride was that Dorlas might be able to see his two brothers.

"When we get there, you shall have plenty of time to catch up on your sleep, I'm sure," Thelian reassured Dorlas with an amused chuckle.

"I certainly hope so," Dorlas grumbled and rode ahead towards Melost, who was speeding over the ground like a mad man. Arthain and Thelian were close behind, and the four made their way closer towards Imladris, the home of Elrond.