View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 11:04 PM   #60
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

"You have no right to say that after all your father and I sacrificed for you!"

Menelya's words felt like a slap in the face and Anwenelme turned on her heel and left, furious at her mother. How did she dare mentioning her father like this? They both knew very well that he sacrificed everything for his king when others were afraid to do so and Anwenelme had always been proud of that. Using her dead father against her was below what she had expected from Menelya.

But soon!
Melost had come back for her and soon she would be his bride and she would no longer have to listen to her mother.
The thought brought a measure of peace to her mind and she even smiled a little to herself, as she remembered the look on her mother's face when she had been talking to the Man. Menelya disgusted the race of Men, finding them barely more than animals and the fact that her own husband had been killed on a quest for helping a mere mortal, had long been a thorn in her side.

"Maybe I should have chosen to wed a Man instead of Melost", Anwenelme chuckled lightly to herself, finding the thought of what that would have done to her mother very pleasing.