View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 07:35 PM   #63
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Dorlas nodded, considering Thelian's words. Dorlas had rarely seen Elves before meeting Melost and Thelian, and he had never talked to any before either. From a distance, without knowing much of them, Dorlas had always thought or considered Elves to be extremely beautiful or graceful. Now that he had seen them more up close, they seemed much more human than Dorlas would have ever imagined.

"Arthain and Melost have known each other for a long time," Dorlas began, breaking the silence that had come with the awe and beauty of the waterfall. "Why do you think they became such good friends?"

"I'm not entirely sure," replied Thelian. "Perhaps the fact that they could teach each other so much. I'm sure there are tales and such that I would have never known if I hadn't met you."

Dorlas nodded. "I suppose. There's so much I wouldn't know right now if I had just been content with seeing Elves. Talking to one is a different matter altogether, I've found."

Dorlas grinned momentarily at his own words. Typically, Dorlas was carefree and lighthearted, but somehow the waterfall...and the feeling of Rivendell altogether...made him sound like he was ready to know everything. Like he was ready to take on Middle-Earth like it was nobody's business. He felt strong in a place like Rivendell.

"Are all Elven women like...how do you say her name?" Dorlas questioned, chuckling at the remembrance of hiding from the Elven woman.

"I don't think so, or at least I hope that not all women in general are like Menelya," Thelian replied, and the two openly laughed about Menelya's persona. "Her daughter doesn't seem anything like her, as far as I can tell."

"Is there anything else to see in this grand place?" Dorlas asked suddenly, changing the subject.

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]