View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 08:25 PM   #319
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The first film was basically just Bakshi's version re-filmed <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I noticed that some things were very similar, indeed, almost identical, but there was also much that was different.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The only problem is the director and his total lack of sympathy or understanding for the story's meaning and the characters' development. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why are directors always blamed for the mistakes in movies? People need to learn the difference between script writers and directors. Directors only decide how to film the scenes that are written in the script. With a bad script, the movie will be bad no matter how good the director is. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> suicidal Elronds, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Erm, how exactly is Elrond suicidal?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> One thing I found particularly annoying about Fellowship was Arwen's usurping of Glorfindel's part. A mistake shared by the Bakshi version I might add, with Glorfindel being preempted by Legolas.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think that Arwen taking over Glorfindel's role was a bit better than Legolas, because Arwen at least lives in Rivendell.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Ah, good, the thread can get back to normal... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sorry!